Tuesday, January 13

Dream and Taxes

Have you ever had a dream that you thought was so creative that it could make a fabulous book or a movie if you could only transfer it to paper? I get them once in awhile. I always want to write them down, but I never can make it sound as good on paper as the dream was. Last night I had one of these dreams.

As always in dreams, there was no rhyme or reason and things happened randomly. This morning I tried to describe my dream to my daughter on the way to school, but she could not understand my story. I was very disappointed that I don't have the ability to describe the detail of the dream to her; where she can see the creativity that this dream had. You see - my 15 year-old daughter would like to be an author. (She is already working on her first novel.) She has the talent for creative writing that I lack. I'm so happy for her, but I still find myself very frustrated not being able to express myself well in writing, too. I kind of had the hope that she would be able to write it down for me but I can't even explain it to her…what a shame! If only I could record my dreams and have her write them.

Not to change the subject, but let's get back to reality. Every January I find myself cleaning, rearranging my house, studio and doing my taxes. I tend to do all of my business paperwork once a year. I know it's crazy… but I hate doing it. I am only willing to dedicate one week a year to it. I'd much rather be creating then dealing with numbers and categories for my expenses. So this week I will start with cleaning and rearranging my business area in the studio. As for preparing my taxes, I'll wait a couple more weeks so I can get in the mood, but at least it all will be organized this week.

I would like to leave you with two quotes about dreams that really speak to me right now.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." Epicurus (Greek philosopher, BC 341-270)

"You see things; and you say, 'Why?' but I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'." George Bernard Shaw

Quotes from Think exist.com




1 comment:

  1. I always think , children with a passion , knowing what they want for future, is so great !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from everyone that stop by. I read them all and feel like I'm getting to know you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin