Saturday, September 26

Saying goodbye to old friends


15 years ago I painted these walls for Mikaela's play room. It was one of my favorite rooms in our home, everyone loved hanging out with Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-duck and the windows that fooled a lot of people, thinking they were real.

Redecorating this room was well over do...! But who can say goodbye to Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddle-duck? It was hard but in the end we said our final goodbye to our beloved friends and painted over them a color that should have been 'Venetian Blue' as I like to call it (vintage blue green) but because the room doesn't have natural light source the color turned darker and greener that what I had in mind. We are learning to like it.

This room was decorated on a dime budget since it's our TV and game room that mostly used by my dear teenage daughter and her wild friends.

The only things I bought new was the pillows and the two lamps on the wall the rest we had in the room before.

We did take out quite a few things to make it roomier and also when all of my daughter's wild teenagers' guy friends come for an evening of video games they'll have less chance to break things.

I finally have a place for my vintage dress form that I received from my brother-in-law.

So I would not say this room is my best decorating job...but it will serve its purpose until I will make it part of my studio in the future; which is next door.

Guess who came to help my mother-in-law and me paint the room...if not my dear and loving cat, Nini. She was the inspector...I guess you could say.
Now that the room is done and I'm trying to get over my viral infection that took a hold of me much longer that I expected it to...I'm hopping to get back to my studio next week and start working on my fall/winter jewelry line...I'm sooooo behind schedule!!!
Until my next post take care and thank you for stopping by I hope you'll be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. oh so sad to see Peter Rabbit and gang painted over, but now you have a lovely room for more fun ! hope you feel better fast! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from everyone that stop by. I read them all and feel like I'm getting to know you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin