Thursday, July 30

My Unattended Yard

Since the beginning of this Summer I have been complaining and disappointed in myself for not attending my garden as I do each year for lack of time in the Spring and being gone. It's quite depressing this year sitting on my deck without any flowers planted in my pots…I have only the ones that are loyal and keep coming back each year no matter what the winter is like.

This week while I was watching my two cats on the deck, I start thinking why can I see the natural beauty in my yard even when it's in its wild and natural state? When I travel I admire and marvel nature just as G-d intended for it to be, way can't I do the same in my yard, He's attending my yard when I'm not… doesn't He?

With that in mind I decided to set myself a little challenge for the day and find at list seven things that possess beauty in there own natural way in my yard.

These days I find that looking through my camera's lens I can see better the details of life and appreciate them better. The next photos are the few that I took for the challenge. The above photo is Mikaela's childhood broken bench that I have a hard time tossing away.


The playhouse faded door and writhe

The unattended water fountain in the secret garden

The lonely cherub in the succulent flower pot

The beautiful color of the succulent's flowers

A messy corner on my deck

Wild violets

The rock garden

Sustaining life

A beautiful Coral bell bloom

A dry leaf in the bird's bath

One of the few that keep coming back
As you can see I found a lot more beauty in my back yard then I thought I would.

"See the beauty in everything as you awaken to your divine nature, you'll begin to appreciate beauty in everything you see, touch, and experience."
Dr. Wayne W. Dryer

Before I say my good-bye I would like to let you know that this week I entered a national art show for the first time. I submitted the above three photos which took a lot of guts from my behalf. As you know photography is more my hobby than a profession. Next month I will find out if I got in…I promise to keep you posted. I'll be honored if only one of them will be accepted. Please keep your fingers cross for me.


Thanks again for stopping by and reading my rambling thoughts. Hope you'll be back soon.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! You've done an amazing job capturing the beauty of your yard! It is all around us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Forgot to say I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you! These photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that there is much beauty to behold in your lovely garden! some amazing stuff really...that lions head for one. Wow.

    Wishing you luck for the art show. Your photos are certainly worthy of being accepted. Crossed fingers and toes here. When will you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well good luck on that challenge! i know you can do it... the photos are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting keep us posted!
    I love you garden:)

    Smiles,
    kayellen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from everyone that stop by. I read them all and feel like I'm getting to know you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin